This page is for clients in construction litigation seeking an expert to assess if the design professional’s performance met the applicable standard of care.
The question of whether or not the architect’s or engineer’s performance met the “standard of care” arises when errors occur, or when there is a failure of a constructed facility to achieve its intended safety, durability, serviceability or utility. The standard of care is not a fixed “standard” in the way other standards are, such as the standards for sampling and testing concrete. The standard of care of contractors, managers, architects and engineers varies with time, locale and circumstances, and depends on the specific practices being examined.
STANDARD OF CARE SERVICES
Holloway Consulting Group is most often retained by design professional liability insurance defense attorneys in litigation cases where suit has been brought by the owner against the contractor, manager, architect and/or engineer, or where the A/E and its insurer have been asked to address design-related claims made by the contractor. Holloway’s design and construction expert services has involved:
- Assessment of whether the architect’s performance met the standard of care
- Assessment of whether the architect’s performance caused schedule delays and damages
- Architect Contract Administration/Construction Observation issues
- Architect design errors and omissions
- Change order causation
- Claims rebuttal
- Betterments, upgrades, and first-time costs causation.
Holloway Consulting determines whether the construction design professional standard of care has been met based on investigations, review of plans, specifications, reports and records, and/or opinions and work of other professionals performing the same or similar services at the time in question.
span style=”font-size: large;”>Use this Search Engine to find the terms and information you need at our site.
And, the right side bar of each page here contains many related articles and posts.
The Holloway Consulting Group, LLC
Construction Managers, Consultants and Experts
12081 W. Alameda Pkwy., #450
Lakewood, CO 80228-2701
Denver Phone: (303) 984-1941
International : (888) 545-0666
Fax: (303) 716-0432
See Related Selected Pages at our site disputesinconstruction.com (2-12-12)
- Defects Expert Custom Home Framing
- Colorado Louisiana Experts
- Defects Expert Site Design Issues
- Defects Expert Post-Tensioned Concrete Decks
- Schedule Delay Experts Cause-Effect Analysis
- Expert Witness Resort Construction
- Curtain Wall and Window Wall
- What Types of Construction Claims?
- Disputes Mediation And Arbitration Services
- Claims Terminology?
- Recent Cases
- Resorts Hotels
- Contract Termination
- Defects Expert Custom Home Defects
- Damages Experts in Labor Productivity Claims
- Trial Testimony
- J. Steve Holloway, GC
- J. Steve Holloway
- School Construction
- Construction Consulting
- Consulting Experts General Contractor Fiduciary Duty
- Damages Experts Labor Productivity Analysis